This is great for picnics, light lunches or suppers- served with a green salad. If you have walnut oil in store – drizzle with that instead of the olive oil.
- 1 x 500 g block Jus-Rol All butter puff pastry thawed
- 4 tbsp tapenade
- 6-7 firm but ripe tomatoes sliced
- Salt & black pepper
- Beaten egg to glaze
- A little olive oil and a few basil or thyme leaves for garnish
- A few fresh basil Leaves
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan assisted)/425ºF/Gas 7.
- Divide the pastry into four equal quarters, roll out each one just large enough to cut out a 15 cm/6” disc.
- Place discs on a lined baking sheet, spread 1 tbsp. tapenade in centre of each leaving approx. a 1 cm/ ½” border all round. Cover with overlapping slices of tomato and season lightly. Brush borders with beaten egg and bake for 12-15 minutes until pastry risen and golden brown.
- Scatter with shredded basil or thyme leaves and drizzle with a little olive oil just before serving.