One taste of this dish and you know you’ve grilled a winner. Use a fruity extra-virgin olive oil from Tuscany, especially one with a peppery finish on the palate. Give the fillets and peppers a generous rub, so the oil penetrates them while the grill heats. This tasty recipe was created by cookbook author Diane Morgan.
Ingredients You Need
4 (6 to 7 oz.) halibut fish fillets
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 red bell peppers, cut lengthwise into 6 thick strips
2 yellow bell peppers, cut lengthwise into 6 thick strips
1 cup quartered Lindsay® Pimiento Stuffed Spanish Manzanilla Olives
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Arrange fish on a rimmed baking sheet; brush 1 tablespoon of the oil over both sides of fish. Sprinkle salt and pepper over fish.
3. In a small bowl, toss pepper strips with remaining olive oil to coat.
4. Grill peppers turning once, until light grill marks appear, about 2 minutes per side.
5. Transfer to a platter or rimmed baking sheet and keep warm.
6. Grill fish on covered grill 3 minutes per side or until fish is opaque in center.
7. Arrange peppers on four warmed dinner plates.
8. Place fish over peppers; top with olives.